In Case You Missed It: Rep. Boebert Tours Southern Border
Congresswoman Lauren Boebert joined U.S. Representatives Warren Davidson, Bob Gibbs, Andrew Clyde, Matt Rosendale, Bob Good, Glenn Grothman, and Barry Moore on a tour of the United States-Mexico border. The congressional delegation, hosted by House Freedom Caucus Chairman Andy Biggs, visited Sasabe, Nogales, and Sierra Vista during the last week of January. While on the tour, Rep. Boebert met with Border Patrol, customs officials, other local law enforcement, and the mom of a police officer killed by an illegal alien.
In a statement following the trip, Congresswoman Boebert said, “Chairman Biggs and his entire team deserve thanks for getting boots on the ground so members of Congress can see these issues firsthand and the urgency of securing our southern border. Under President Trump’s leadership, illegal immigration was the lowest it had been in 17 years. The Trump administration achieved this success because they understood the actual problems and addressed them. So far under President Biden, the only actions he has taken regarding immigration involve amnesty and implementing a ban on using the term ‘illegal alien.’ It’s almost laughable, but what won’t be a laughing matter is the increase of illegal drugs, violence and human trafficking that will result from Biden’s amnesty policies and his unwillingness to secure the border.”
Congresswoman Boebert is taking action to secure the southern border, end amnesty and uphold the rule of law.
Several actions she has taken to date include but are not limited to:
- Cosponsored the No Asylum for Criminals Act. This bill ensures unlawful aliens convicted of crimes are ineligible for asylum.
- Cosponsored the Birthright Citizenship Act.This legislation limits birthright citizenship to a child born in the U.S. of parents, one of whom is:
- A citizen or national of the United States.
- An alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States whose residence is in the United States; or
- An alien performing active service in the armed forces.
- Cosponsored Preserving Safety Net Integrity Act. This bill codifies the Trump administration’s public charge rule.
- Cosponsored the Protecting Americans from Unnecessary Spread upon Entry Act. This legislation prevents unlawful aliens with COVID form entering the U.S.
- Signed Rep. Andy Biggs letter to the DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas opposing recent executive orders that weaken border security and undermine the rule of law.
- Signed Rep. Chip Roy’s letter raising concerns about the rising number of illegal border crossings.
- Last month, the number of illegal immigrants attempting to enter the U.S. through our southern border on a daily basis nearly doubled. Biden’s executive actions have exacerbated the surge.
- Signed Rep. Andy Biggs letter to Secretary of State Blinken and Secretary of Homeland Security Mayorkas urging them to oppose attempts to weaken screening and vetting for foreign nationals coming to the United States.